Knit Twenty Two should now be called Knit Twenty Three, but changing the name every year would only create confusion.
What did I do on my birthday? I finished class at noon because my organic lab was cancelled and took my truck to the shop. I also found a patter that would work perfectly with the Araucania Nuble I picked up in Tulsa, Oklahoma when I was out there at the beginning of the summer. At the time, I had been working on smaller projects and thought the yardage would be fine. Since then, I have expanded my horizons and desperately wished I had picked up a second skein. Today, I was pattern browsing and a free birthday present popped up. Diving in – a recipe to create a triangle shawl with small amounts of fingering weight yarn. 110 grams total, 30 grams of one and 80 of the other. Perfect for a small sock yarn skein and some leftovers. I’m going to use Araucania 8 – this colorway looks like the beach – and some Knit Picks Palette I have in my stash that goes perfectly. Not my ideal yarn combinations, but the colors look great together and I’m trying to use up my stash. I have enough colors that I may use three different colors…we’ll see how it goes as I get further into the pattern.
In other news, I have finished a few projects – some from the Ravellenics – that I haven’t shared on here! I’m immensely proud of my Sugared Violets shawl. I finished it in two weeks (even though I was up until 5 am working on the picot bind off…) and love the beads I added to it. No matter how hard I try, I cannot capture the beads without doing a close up of them and then it takes away from the whole effect. The beads are in the center of each violet in the lace pattern. They’re gold and they catch the sunlight absolutely perfectly when I wear it. I’ve received numerous compliments on it – one friend told me she was impressed by me last time I wore it. Its made with Malabrigo sock in Tizano Red.
I love it.
I also finished Tiny Owl Knits’ Catching Butterflies. This pattern is the reason I joined TOKland and I’ve just now finished them. The photo isn’t as good as my Sugared Violets photo (I really need to take them out to get some photos). The yarn is Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sport Multi that I picked up from a small shop in Huntsville, AL. I had started a lace beret with it, but the yarn fought me the whole time. I think it turned out for the best – I adore these fingerless mitts.
Last but certainly not least is Molly. Molly is a goose I made and not to blow my own horn, but she is just the cutest thing. She’s another project I’m unbelievably proud of. The pattern is free on Ravelry – Betsy’s Goose. The choice to make the white goose was simply one of cost – I already had bits of orange to use for the feet and the beak, so I’d only need to buy the white instead of three colors needed for the Canadian goose. I’m quite pleased with the results.
I’ve also recently finished two tests that I crocheted – I’m expanding my horizons! Those will come at a later date, though…